Coming Soon Listings
In November 2019 NAR approved MLS Policy 8.0 – Clear Cooperation. IRES MLS implemented this policy with a new Coming Soon status. This status, used when creating a listing, can be seen anywhere listings are displayed in IRESis.com, MySite, and ColoProperty.com®.
IRES MLS rules and regulations require a listing which is publicly marketed (as defined by NAR’s Policy 8.0) must be submitted to the MLS within 1 business day. The listing can be added as either an Active listing or a Coming Soon listing.
When selecting Coming Soon as the status, the listing will auto-update to an Active status on a date specified known as the Go Active Date. This date is any time within 7 calendar days of entering the listing into the system.
These listings are searchable inside the system as well as through Prospects & MySite, and on ColoProperty.com®. Coming Soon listings do not syndicate to other listing sites until they convert to Active.
Coming Soon and Inventory Report & My Listings
- Coming Soon listings are included in Inventory Reports and My Listings. It is visually represented with the color purple and abbreviated to CS.
Coming Soon and Listing Search
- Coming Soon listings only apply to IRES MLS at this time. We do not capture Coming Soon listings for data share. This is available any place the Basic Criteria tab appears for a search (Listing Search, Prospects, Hotsheets, Inventory, and Stats-Custom).
Coming Soon and Listing Details
- Easily identify the Go Active Date on Listing Details for My Listings, Cart Manager, Report Window, and MySite.
- Showings cannot be scheduled while a listing is in Coming Soon status. Showing instructions will not display until the listing is Active.
- Open houses will only show on or after the Go Active Date.
Coming Soon and Prospects
- Coming Soon listings are available for Prospect searches and will send to MySite. The status will need to be intentionally included in the search for Coming Soon listings to be sent to clients.
Coming Soon and Add/Edit Listings
- When entering a listing for the first time, the Coming Soon status will be available for Residential Detached, Residential Attached, Vacant and Income properties.
- Coming Soon listings are eligible to go directly to Active, Pending, Sold, or Withdrawn statuses. NOTE: Listings cannot revert back to a Coming Soon status. Use caution when withdrawing or manually activating Coming Soon listings. They cannot be Coming Soon again with the same office and same agent for 30 days.
- While showing information is required when entering a Coming Soon listing, that information will not display until the listing is in an Active Status.
- Open houses can only be scheduled after the Go Active Date.
- Syndication options are required to be specified when entering a Coming Soon listing; however, the listing will not appear on the specified syndication sites until the listing is Active. Coming Soon listings will appear on ColoProperty.com®.
Coming Soon Resources:
- NAR Policy Guide
- IRES MLS Coming Soon FAQs
- When Should A Listing Be Entered Into IRESis.com?
- Coming Soon Timeline For Listing Entry
- Office Exclusive Listing Waiver