Ensuring cooperation and compensation between brokers is perhaps the most important role of the MLS. We know that holding all listings and subscribers to the same standards, in an impartial way, is the only way to keep MLS data accurate and timely for the benefit of all.
With that in mind, IRES periodically reviews our Rules and Regulations and updates them as necessary. Recently, we added and clarified a few rules to make them more modern and easier to read. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the most current changes and clarifications:
- Section 13.1 – Email addresses acquired from the MLS may not be used to indiscriminately send spam.
- Section 1 – Only one listing per property shall be submitted to the MLS
- Section 1.6 – Public Remarks on listings are intended to identify valuable qualities, details and inclusion. Personal advertising and contact information, including email addresses, phone numbers, names, etc. are prohibited
- Section 1.17 – Managing Brokers must notify IRES within three business days when adding or removing licensees.
- Section 1.18 – IRES subscriber must notify IRES within three business days if they transfer offices, change REALTOR Board/Association affiliation or relocate.
Interested in learning more? Feel free to check out IRES’s Rules and Regulations.