As previously reported, there is an opportunity for Northern Colorado to receive a $1.43 million grant to begin the expansion of I-25 north of Highway 66. But the project CDOT has suggested has run into opposition from Weld County and some of its communities that adjoin the highway.
They don’t support the plan to convert an existing general-purpose lane into a toll lane south of Highway 66 to generate revenue. Weld Commissioner Barbara Kirkmeyer explains that, “Weld County and communities along the southern portion of I-25 gave up funding for other projects years ago in order to put money into improvements on I-25. Now CDOT wants to punish our taxpayers for their foresight by taking a lane they already paid for and converting it into a managed lane.” Weld County officials said they would support the addition of a new, 4th toll lane instead, but CDOT’s research indicates that would not be economically feasible.
There is also an opportunity to apply for federal funding via a federal law known as MAP21 that allocates $105 billion for highway projects – the first long-term highway authorization enacted in nine years. However, a source says that only $500 million is left for 2014. The total cost to expand I-25 was estimated to be $2,178 million in 2009 when the project received federal approval. Clearly the cost in 2014 dollars would be even higher. Furthermore, it must be understood that the MAP21 money will involve intense competition from across the nation.
Sources say that the RAMP grant, if approved, could make Northern Colorado more competitive for federal dollars. But consensus from all the jurisdictions along I-25 (which excludes Greeley and Longmont because their boundaries do not touch the highway) is mandatory — otherwise CDOT will not approve the RAMP grant. In addition, observers say some state legislators oppose the project and question its legality.
- Webinar: Instant Market Analysis with InfoSparks - Mar 19, 2018A brief, online introduction to InfoSparks and all the statistic tools, IRES has to offer.
- CTM & IRES SMART Integration - Mar 21, 2018Join in on our partnership and learn the Save Time Benefits and Transaction Management of CTM & IRES Smart Integration application. This class will walk you through setting up your SMART account and show you 3 easy ways to send an offer (CBS) and connect with an eContracts listing. Integrated offers allow visibility and document sharing on both sides of […]
- Research Public Records, Mortgages & Foreclosures - Mar 21, 2018Supplement your knowledge of properties and neighborhoods by taking advantage of Realist Public Records. This course will help you learn how to interpret the wealth of information provided in this system including mortgage history, foreclosure features, and area demographics. IRES trainers will also demonstrate free web tools, reporting features, and the abi […]
- IRESis Essentials for New Users - Mar 22, 2018Join us for a grand tour of your MLS system! This class will walk you through the basic functionality of IRESis and show you how to access important resources within the site. Topics covered will include: user preferences, performing a listing search, viewing, printing, & emailing listings. The Essentials class is designed for both new and veteran IRES u […]
- Refine Comp Searches & Reports Featuring Cloud CMA - Mar 23, 2018Let the streamlined and beautifully integrated Cloud CMA wow your clients! The first half of this CE approved course covers tips and tricks for refining comps within the MLS and IRESis comparable reports. The second half focuses on Cloud CMA offerings including customizable CMA reports, buyer tours, property specific reports & flyers, plus presentation […]
- Webinar: Intro to IRES - Mar 26, 2018A brief, online introduction to IRESis
- CTM & IRES SMART Integration - Mar 28, 2018Join in on our partnership and learn the Save Time Benefits and Transaction Management of CTM & IRES Smart Integration application. This class will walk you through setting up your SMART account and show you 3 easy ways to send an offer (CBS) and connect with an eContracts listing. Integrated offers allow visibility and document sharing on both sides of […]
- Automate Client Searches with Email & Mysite - Mar 28, 2018Everything you ever wanted to know about Prospects, including how to save a search, so it will automatically email new matches to your clients (and copy you). Also, how to set up MySite, the system-generated website for your client to view and rate prospect results.
- IRESis Contracts & Docusign Basics - Mar 29, 2018Learn to use the Contracts system on IRESis. Complete the screens necessary to create a contract, print and email contracts, use Templates and the helper tabs. Also covers the Admin screen and how to edit Contract Branding and add Office Clauses. A basic overview of DocuSign is included.
- Webinar: Instant Market Analysis with InfoSparks - Mar 19, 2018