As the government shutdown shows no sign of lifting, NAR has been keeping track of how it is affecting the housing industry. A clearinghouse of information is available on REALTOR.org: http://www.realtor.org/articles/government-shutdown-updates. This page is being updated regularly as we learn more about the various programs being affected by the shutdown.
As a private citizen, you should take the opportunity to contact your Member of Congress and ask them to come to a compromise to end the stalemate. Continued inaction only serves to further damage our country’s fragile economy.
Why the US Must Increase the Debt Ceiling: US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew has indicated that the country will default on its debts if the borrowing authority is not increased by Thursday, October 17. The effect of a default could be catastrophic to the US economy and have a large impact on housing. NAR Chief Economist, Lawrence Yun took a few minutes to describe what would happen. His video, and additional information, can also be found on REALTOR.org: http://bit.ly/17ZT5eN
NAR Testifies on Debt Ceiling Default: On October 10, NAR President Gary Thomas testified before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs. He called on Congress to raise the debt limit in a timely manner to avoid the consequences of a severe recession that would erase gains in the housing recovery.
- Webinar: Mysite - Sep 25, 2017Everything you ever wanted to know about Prospects, including how to save a search, so it will automatically email new matches to your clients (and copy you). Also, how to set up MySite, the system-generated website for your client to view and rate prospect results.
- Automate Client Searches with Email & Mysite - Sep 26, 2017Everything you ever wanted to know about Prospects, including how to save a search, so it will automatically email new matches to your clients (and copy you). Also, how to set up MySite, the system-generated website for your client to view and rate prospect results.
- Market Trends for NoCo & Beyond - Sep 27, 2017This class will focus on locating and navigating the appropriate program for virtually any statistical report you need! From the seamlessly interactive graphs of InfoSparks, to sales statistics, system generated reporting, laser-focused custom market penetration and inventory reports, IRES has you covered!
- InfoSparks: Be the Expert in your Marketplace - Sep 29, 2017Breathe life into data with our most versatile statistics tool! Learn how to tell a story with market statistics and paint a customized picture of the market for your clients with elegant and intuitive visuals. Our IRES trainers will show you how to create tailored infographics and share them, or even embed live feeds onto your website.
- Webinar: Mysite - Sep 25, 2017