Gov. Hickenlooper has given the Task Force more time to finalize its recommendation. The final report is now due September 30. The Building and Activities subcommittee (BAS) presented its recommendations to the Task Force on July 29. The BAS includes representatives from the Colorado Municipal League, Colorado Counties, Inc., the Colorado Association of Home Builders and Property & Casualty Insurers Association of America.
The Subcommittee’s set of guiding principles is encouraging. Rather than a focus on regulation, the emphasis is on education and incentives.
“Many factors contribute to the challenge Colorado faces in making wildland-urban interface (WUI) areas safer for people and property in the event of a forest first. As a result, there is no single set of recommendations, statutes or regulations that will solve the broader problems.
We also believe that incentive and educational outreach programs will be more effective than programs or regulations, which may be viewed as overreaching mandates that are punitive. It should also be recognized that individual homeowner responsibility, too, plays a significant role in reducing loss of life and property during a forest fire. There are areas now with very strict WUI Code requirements and mitigation ordinances; enforcement and compliance continues to be a challenge for local officials. Individuals can be unwilling or unable to afford the mitigation requirements that are currently in force.”
The BAS said it supports the concept of a real estate disclosure for homes in WUIs but noted that the Division of Real Estate may prefer that the General Assembly pass a bill requiring this rather than the Division adopting the disclosure as a policy. CAR staff said the point of sale proposed requirements for defensible space and property assessments are “non-starters” and are not supported by the BAS.
- Webinar: Mysite - Sep 25, 2017Everything you ever wanted to know about Prospects, including how to save a search, so it will automatically email new matches to your clients (and copy you). Also, how to set up MySite, the system-generated website for your client to view and rate prospect results.
- Automate Client Searches with Email & Mysite - Sep 26, 2017Everything you ever wanted to know about Prospects, including how to save a search, so it will automatically email new matches to your clients (and copy you). Also, how to set up MySite, the system-generated website for your client to view and rate prospect results.
- Market Trends for NoCo & Beyond - Sep 27, 2017This class will focus on locating and navigating the appropriate program for virtually any statistical report you need! From the seamlessly interactive graphs of InfoSparks, to sales statistics, system generated reporting, laser-focused custom market penetration and inventory reports, IRES has you covered!
- InfoSparks: Be the Expert in your Marketplace - Sep 29, 2017Breathe life into data with our most versatile statistics tool! Learn how to tell a story with market statistics and paint a customized picture of the market for your clients with elegant and intuitive visuals. Our IRES trainers will show you how to create tailored infographics and share them, or even embed live feeds onto your website.
- Webinar: Mysite - Sep 25, 2017