For an excellent analysis of our country’s current economic problems, read NAR Chief Economist Lawrence Yun’s most recent article. Yun says, “Aside from the lack of enthusiasm among large companies, one major reason for the economic struggle is that small businesses – the entrepreneurial heart of America – cannot find funds either to establish themselves or to keep going. (It should also be said here that many real estate firms are actually small businesses.) Because of the small nature of such companies, these entrepreneurs cannot issue bonds like IBM or Disney. Banks also have been extra tough on any borrowers without an established name. Small businesses, therefore, typically have relied on their owners’ savings and housing equity for the funds to test out new business ideas….
In order to push to the U.S. economy and get it on a sustainable robust growth path, small businesses need funds to establish themselves and to maintain operations. A home price recovery will be critical to that process in the upcoming years. Any obstacle to such a home price recovery will, therefore, hamper economic growth and job creation. As policymakers continue their discussions on future federal budgets, they need to be well aware that any trimming of housing-related programs – such as the mortgage interest deduction – will hurt home values and consequently derail many small business start-ups.” To read the entire article, click here: http://www.realtor.org/research/reinsights/economistcommentary?cid=WR08162011:26714&ed_rid=234580
- Research Public Records, Mortgages & Foreclosures - Jan 19, 2017Supplement your knowledge of properties and neighborhoods by taking advantage of Realist Public Records. This course will help you learn how to interpret the wealth of information provided in this system including mortgage history, foreclosure features, and area demographics. IRES trainers will also demonstrate free web tools, reporting features, and the abi […]
- Webinar: Technology 101 - Jan 23, 2017With an expansive tool such as IRES MLS, it's important to have a rudimentary understanding of basic technology in order to take full advantage of the system. Technology itself covers a vast array of topics, so we've taken the liberty of narrowing down to the basics essential to the IRES subscriber. This class will cover the most common technology […]
- IRESis Essentials for New Users - Jan 25, 2017Join us for a grand tour of your MLS system! This class will walk you through the basic functionality of IRESis and show you how to access important resources within the site. Topics covered will include: user preferences, performing a listing search, viewing, printing, & emailing listings. The Essentials class is designed for both new and veteran IRES u […]
- Refine Comp Searches & Reports Featuring Cloud CMA - Jan 27, 2017Let the streamlined and beautifully integrated Cloud CMA wow your clients! The first half of this CE approved course covers tips and tricks for refining comps within the MLS and IRESis comparable reports. The second half focuses on Cloud CMA offerings including customizable CMA reports, buyer tours, property specific reports & flyers, plus presentation […]
- Webinar: Intro to IRES - Jan 30, 2017A brief, online introduction to IRESis
- Research Public Records, Mortgages & Foreclosures - Jan 19, 2017