For an excellent analysis of our country’s current economic problems, read NAR Chief Economist Lawrence Yun’s most recent article. Yun says, “Aside from the lack of enthusiasm among large companies, one major reason for the economic struggle is that small businesses – the entrepreneurial heart of America – cannot find funds either to establish themselves or to keep going. (It should also be said here that many real estate firms are actually small businesses.) Because of the small nature of such companies, these entrepreneurs cannot issue bonds like IBM or Disney. Banks also have been extra tough on any borrowers without an established name. Small businesses, therefore, typically have relied on their owners’ savings and housing equity for the funds to test out new business ideas….
In order to push to the U.S. economy and get it on a sustainable robust growth path, small businesses need funds to establish themselves and to maintain operations. A home price recovery will be critical to that process in the upcoming years. Any obstacle to such a home price recovery will, therefore, hamper economic growth and job creation. As policymakers continue their discussions on future federal budgets, they need to be well aware that any trimming of housing-related programs – such as the mortgage interest deduction – will hurt home values and consequently derail many small business start-ups.” To read the entire article, click here: http://www.realtor.org/research/reinsights/economistcommentary?cid=WR08162011:26714&ed_rid=234580
- Webinar: Contracts - Oct 18, 2017Lighten up your load by learning how to create templates and clauses, and how to use our date helper program in the IRESis contracts system. A basic overview of DocuSign will be included in this course.
- Research Public Records, Mortgages & Foreclosures - Oct 19, 2017Supplement your knowledge of properties and neighborhoods by taking advantage of Realist Public Records. This course will help you learn how to interpret the wealth of information provided in this system including mortgage history, foreclosure features, and area demographics. IRES trainers will also demonstrate free web tools, reporting features, and the abi […]
- Exploring the Digital You with Realtor.com - Oct 25, 2017Join Realtor.com as they explore what consumers are saying, what consumers are doing and where they're headed. Hear about the latest advances in leveraging this new information to provide smarter service to real estate professionals. Learn new ways to power your presence in the online world - the Digital You.
- Automate Client Searches with Email & Mysite - Oct 26, 2017Everything you ever wanted to know about Prospects, including how to save a search, so it will automatically email new matches to your clients (and copy you). Also, how to set up MySite, the system-generated website for your client to view and rate prospect results.
- IRESis Essentials for New Users - Oct 27, 2017Join us for a grand tour of your MLS system! This class will walk you through the basic functionality of IRESis and show you how to access important resources within the site. Topics covered will include: user preferences, performing a listing search, viewing, printing, & emailing listings. The Essentials class is designed for both new and veteran IRES u […]
- Webinar: Intro to IRES - Oct 30, 2017A brief, online introduction to IRESis
- Webinar: Contracts - Oct 18, 2017